My Mom’s face


My Mom’s face

Oft I’ve felt that when it rains
I recall forgotten joys,
I recall moments lost,
I try to feel the touch,
That put back few strands
Of hair from my temple,
And lift my chin to ensure:
My eyes were tearless,
My expression fearless,
I recall the smile of love,
The twinkle of affection,
The squeeze of oneness,
I recall voices gone silent,
I recall the gas balloon
Dodging raindrops and soaring,
The paper-boats sinking
In the unstopping pitter-patter,
An unfortunate ant
Struggling for survival;
I can hear a voice calling me
From inside the house,
Warning me to be careful,
Not to get hurt;
But I, unheeded, putting my feet
Into the rushing stream,
Slipping and falling back;
Ah! that exhilarating feel
Of last raindrops
On my eager face,
The sight of a peerless rainbow
In my eyes wide-open;
That empathic shout,
I can still hear,
That hysteric rush,
I can still feel,
That agitated hand,
I can still see,
Her arm across my shoulder
And, I know she’s there
With me………….
Thanks for reading My Mom’s face

« Previous
« Prev Post
Next »
Next Post »